Social Media Guidelines
Encoded Therapeutics Social Media Community Guidelines
Last Updated: February 26, 2023
Encoded recognizes the importance of social media channels in order to communicate with scientific, medical, patient, investor and public communities.
Some social media channels permit users to engage by commenting, forwarding, re-posting, liking or provide other interactive functionality. These guidelines are intended to outline terms and conditions for such engagement with channels and accounts owned or controlled by Encoded. We reserve the right to update these guidelines.
For purposes of these guidelines, “social media” includes all means of communicating or posting information or content of any sort (text, images, video or audio) on the Internet. Examples of social media include, but are not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, GlassDoor and YouTube.
- Posts by Encoded are intended for informational purposes only.
- Encoded has no duty to update its corporate social media pages.
- Following a social media account does not indicate an endorsement of the account owner or its products and services. Favorites, likes, comments and/or retweets do not indicate Encoded’s endorsement of the social media accounts, the account owner, or the content provided.
- Encoded does not endorse any comments posted by users on Encoded owned or controlled sites, channels or posts.
- Encoded may sometimes provide links or references to other social media posts or other websites; however, we do not endorse or claim responsibility for the content, policies, or practices of these and we are not liable for any damages or injury arising from your use of such properties. Also, please note that we do not monitor or verify the linked or referred content.
- Encoded may not be able to respond to questions or comments immediately or at all, and some responses may be limited in nature. Additionally, Encoded cannot offer medical advice or otherwise engage in the promotion or discussion about specific products or treatment options, of ours or of other companies. Please consult with your medical provider(s) for specific information about your condition and treatment options.
- To the extent that employees, other than those in functions responsible for corporate communications, discuss their employment or identify themselves as Encoded employees, Encoded expects them to use good judgment and to avoid stating personal opinions that suggest they are the opinions or positions of the Company.
- Encoded reserves the right, at our discretion, to correct incorrect or misleading information about Encoded technology, investigational products or diseases of interest.
- Encoded reserves the right, at our discretion, to modify the content on social media properties and sites we own or control, including:
- Adding, removing or editing any content, comments or material posted;
- Correcting incorrect or misleading information about Encoded technology, investigational products or disease of interest;
- Discontinuing or adding any pages or accounts at any time;
- Accepting or rejecting users or potential users or followers, including blocking disruptive ones; and
- Responding to or electing not to respond to any questions, comments or direct messages, as well as to posts in which Encoded is tagged.
- Encoded welcomes likes, comments, favorites, re-posts, sharing and forwarding of Encoded posts. Please follow these general principles when commenting on Encoded posts:
- Be transparent and make appropriate disclosures if not self-evident from your profile.
- Be truthful, accurate and respectful.
- Please refer any inquiries as follows:
- Please do not add or share any comments that:
- Include inappropriate comments or inferences about Encoded or about Encoded’s competitors, or about any other participants in our scientific, regulatory or business ecosystem;
- Contain incorrect, false, misleading, confidential or non-public content;
- Include any content that is profane, demeaning or inflammatory, or is defamatory, vulgar, libelous, offensive, abusive or demeaning and could embarrass, harass or offend other persons;
- Would constitute an invasion of an individual’s privacy;
- Include pictures or images that belong to someone else and are copyrighted or trademarked;
- Discuss material or comments that might offend or disparage another person because of his or her race, sex, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability;
- Advertise, offer, sell, or solicit consultation, services or products from an individual or a third party; or
- Are an effort to solicit or recruit followers or fans.
- If you believe that you have experienced any medical side effects from an Encoded investigational development candidate, please consult your provider or a healthcare provider at your clinical study site.
- For information about Encoded or our investigational products, please visit encoded.com.
This guidance is not intended to prevent, interfere with or discourage employees from engaging in any legally protected concerted activities protected by state or federal law, including the Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act, or from otherwise engaging in any other legally protected or required activities under applicable federal or state laws.