Sr. Director/Director, People & Culture
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
Encoded is seeking a Sr. Director/Director to join our People & Culture team. This position will report directly to the Head of People & Culture and play a critical role in leading and strengthening both functional and cross-functional processes as well creating new programs for employees. This position requires both broad and deep functional experience in HR Operations, Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations, Talent Development and providing HR Business Partner support.
Workplace Model: Hybrid/Remote
- Partner with P&C colleagues to ensure all processes, programs, and tools support core functional areas within P&C. This includes onboarding, employee lifecycle changes, offboarding, administration of HRIS updates of employee records and transactions, and new hire orientation coordination and activities.
- Audit and review employee data to ensure accurate employee data is entered into HRIS and employee records, update new hire, promotion and termination tracking tools, and process employee data changes (new hires, changes, promotions, termination, etc.).
- Develop and manage benefits program including Leave of Absence, insurance, HSA
- and FSA accounts. In addition, will review and audit benefits data to ensure accurate enrollment, successful data feed to Benefits broker(s) and deductions.
- Provide guidance to further develop compensation programs, salary bands and leveling frameworks and ongoing market analysis to refine compensation strategies & programs.
- Educates, advises, and influences business leaders on organizational design & development, competency models, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, succession planning, talent reviews and change management.
- Partners with managers to resolve employee matters.
- Partners with senior leaders to develop, drive and execute talent acquisition strategies, programs and processes that will support identifying internal and external talent.
- Collaborates with functional and department leaders to create solutions & programs that meet Encoded priorities.
- BS/BA in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or life-sciences industry preferred.10+ years’ experience, with a minimum of 5 years in Compensation and Benefits (or working knowledge) is required and a minimum of 3 years HR Business Partner and employee relations experience is preferred or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years HR Generalist experience (Benefits administration, worker’s compensation, Leave of Absence, employee relations, HRIS administration, HR policies and practices)
- Strong business acumen — able to quickly learn the business and make talent and organizational decisions which impact business outcomes.
- Excellent follow-through skills, prioritization, and resourcefulness in problem-solving with ability to execute on company strategic plans with high emphasis on quality
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to handle challenging employee discussions (ex. Compensation, terminations, mediator for interpersonal conflict, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to coach executives, managers, and employees in sensitive situations.
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, inspiring trust and confidence from colleagues and business leaders alike.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, adaptive, and able to work in a fast-paced, customer-oriented culture.
- Experience in leading direct reports, including goal setting & setting performance expectations.
- Strong project-management skills, from concept to planning to implementation.
- Experience supporting mixed exempt/non-exempt workforce environment
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal regulatory requirements, policies and practices related to the functional area.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in California is $210,000 – $270,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Encoded Therapeutics is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
A hired applicant may be eligible for an annual bonus as well as equity under the company’s stock plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time, and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Employees (and their families) may obtain medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance benefits through the company and enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees will also accrue vacation time off and paid sick time off and may become eligible for paid parental leave. Employees will also enjoy designated paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.
#LI-KM1 #LI-CD1 #li-hybrid