Senior Research Associate, Translational Sciences
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for pediatric CNS disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
Encoded is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Research Associate with strong strategic and hands-on experience in Molecular Biology to join the Translational Sciences team. The successful candidate will bring his/her experience with various sample types processing, data analysis, and documentation, and become part of a team supporting the nonclinical development of gene therapy products for neurological indications.
Ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, entrepreneurial with a strong technical background in molecular based assays and a curious, positive mindset, motivated to shape the development of gene therapy products. As an important member of the Translation research team, this individual will be responsible for sample testing, data analysis and integration of results for proof-of-concept and pivotal non-clinical studies leading to regulatory filings.
Workplace Model: Onsite/SSF
- Work closely with scientists and other associates to develop, troubleshoot, and qualify multiple molecular based assays to support ongoing nonclinical GLP studies.
- Assist the molecular biology team in multiple experiments execution, analysis, documentation, and reporting, ensuring experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard.
- Follow in-house procedures and proactively develop and update existing assays and/or instrument use/care protocols as required.
- Troubleshoot assays and instruments and communicate technical information clearly.
- Participate in authoring and reviewing standard operating protocols (SOPs) and technical reports.
- Take responsibility for lab routine operations such as purchasing, organizing and inventory molecular biology reagents, consumables, and equipment.
- Participate in internal and cross-functional meetings and discussion groups.
- Comply with all laboratory safety procedures and maintain detailed and complete documentation on electronic notebooks.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned or needed.
- B.S or M.S degree in, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or equivalent with 4-6 years of relevant industry or academic experience
- Extensive hands-on experience in conducting molecular assays for DNA and RNA isolation and measurements with qPCR, digital droplet PCR, sequencing, and other methods in a variety of biological matrices.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience coordinating with individuals at varying skill levels.
- Willing to learn new skills and knowledge and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with high-throughput nucleic acid purification platforms like KingFisher and sample quality systems like Bioanalyzer and TapeStation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant data analysis software such as Prism.
- Familiarity with molecular visualization and design tools such as SnapGene.
- Collaborative mindset and a willingness to work with different teams.
- Familiarity with LIMS systems is preferred.
- Working knowledge of gene-based therapy approaches and broad knowledge of the central
- Outstanding communication and writing skills.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in California is $90,000 – $130,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Encoded Therapeutics is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
A hired applicant may be eligible for an annual bonus as well as equity under the company’s stock plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time, and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Employees (and their families) may obtain medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance benefits through the company and enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees will also accrue vacation time off and paid sick time off and may become eligible for paid parental leave. Employees will also enjoy designated paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.