Senior Research Associate / RA, Downstream Process Development
At Encoded, we are combining the precision of gene regulation with the versatility of gene therapies to create breakthrough treatments for individuals living with severe genetic diseases. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. Encoded Therapeutics is funded by world-class healthcare investors Venrock, Arch Venture Partners, Illumina Ventures, and Matrix Capital Management. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology. The position of Senior Research Associate will assist the Downstream Process Development group at Encoded Therapeutics. A qualified candidate will be responsible for purification process development and support purification of our lead program at small and pilot scales. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, flexible and able to perform key responsibilities across multiple projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Purification and analytical techniques for AAV: chromatography, depth filtration, tangential flow-filtration, viral filtration, SEC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, HPLC etc.
- Bench scale development and characterization of purification techniques
- Pilot scale execution of purification techniques
- Meticulously maintain complete and accurate records of all work performed in an ELN
- Author technical reports and SOPs
- Analyze and interpret data
- Tech Transfer activities
- Level will be determined based on experience
- For the RA position, MS/BS in a chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biochemistry or other relevant area and 1+/3+ years of industry experience in purification development or in a process development setting.
- For the SRA position, MS/BS in a chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biochemistry or other relevant area and 3+/5+ years of industry experience in purification development or in a process development setting.
- Experience with AAV purification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as effective interpersonal skills
- Technical discretion and troubleshooting skills
- Team player, exhibiting a willingness to meet project timelines and multitask effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft based Windows programs such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with AKTA Systems and UNICORN, statistical analysis, JMP, DOE, high throughput screening, coding, data management
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.