Senior Research Associate – Assay Development
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by transformative core technologies. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are recruiting an experienced and motivated Senior Research Associate to join our Assay Development – Translational Sciences team. The ideal candidate will bring his/her experience with assay design, development, qualification, sample testing, data analysis, and documentation, and become part of a team supporting the nonclinical development of gene therapy products for neurological indications.
- Develop and qualify robust bioanalytical methods (plate-based ligand binding immunoassays and cell-based bioassay) in a variety of biological matrices to support development of gene therapy products.
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity in developing and conducting ELISA-based assays on Spectramax and MSD platforms, complex cell-based assays, cytokine analysis using Luminex platform.
- Analytical abilities to analyze, graph and perform statistical analysis on large-scale data sets using Excel, JMP, GraphPad Prism software programs
- Perform study sample analysis and maintain complete and accurate records following record management best practices and contribute to continuing process improvement
- Author and review standard operating protocols (SOPs) and technical study reports
- Coordinate parallel tasks across multiple projects and plan, prioritize, and manage duties to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- Promote innovation and explore novel analytical techniques or technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences with 5+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Hands on experience in designing and developing bioanalytical assays for sensitive and robust quantitation of transgene protein tissue expression and complex cell-based assays
- Familiar with concepts of method development, qualification, and validation in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Ability to troubleshoot and interpret complex data in an independent fashion
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills to work effectively in a fast-paced matrixed environment
- Outstanding communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong analytical computation skills to analyze, graph and perform statistical analysis using Excel and GraphPad Prism
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.