Senior Director/ Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Senior Director / Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is accountable for providing sound financial analysis to support development of the company’s overall business strategy, developing insightful information from the company’s internal accounting and financial reports, delivering executive level presentations, and synthesizing and articulating key findings for executive and operations management audiences. The Senior Director / Head of FP&A will advise and support the company’s leadership team including preparing board and financial presentations, industry/peer group comparisons, new business initiatives and opportunities assessment, and is a key resource for the company’s corporate development initiatives.
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to understand and apply various principles and possess a deep knowledge of the Corporate, Commercial and R&D businesses and processes to solve a wide range of challenges, raise business issues, and identify and implement process improvement opportunities. A strong candidate will have a demonstrated ability to communicate to peers, clients, and top management in a clear and concise manner.
Workplace Model: Remote
- Ownership of the FP&A function, including financial planning and tracking of operating expenses, headcount reporting, monthly close support, quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting/long-range planning, and variance analyses.
- Advisor to the senior team on the financial performance of the business and produce board and management reporting packages.
- Lead the organization in the annual operating plan process and conduct financial forecasts and budget analyses.
- Lead periodic business reviews to analyze results and key information and conduct sensitivity and risk analysis and development of recommendations
- Develop and maintain a corporate dashboard to track performance toward key corporate, program and other objectives.
- Estimate quarterly R&D and CMC expense accruals, including clinical studies. Build and maintain robust Excel workbooks for all projects that enable:
- Estimation of work performed at each period-end
- Comparison of expense trends against Budget/Forecast
- Tracking of invoices received and/or paid by purchase order
- Tracking of expenses recorded on the General Ledger
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., CRO finance partners) and help troubleshoot finance-related issues.
- Provide direction to clients on key corporate financial policies, such as Sarbanes-Oxley and departmental policies to ensure proper GAAP treatment of expenses.
- On an as needed basis, participate on high-priority valuation or corporate development projects, including analyses supporting clinical program investment decisions. Projects may also include analyses for M&A and licensing decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
- 12+ of progressive experience and demonstrated growth including a minimum of 5 years in Finance/FP&A required; Life Science/Biotech experience required.
- At least 5 years in a supervisory/managerial role.
- Prior experience with ERP systems, Financial Planning tools and other financial systems implementations preferred.
- Positive work ethic, superb communication, and organizational skills with a high attention to detail, and unquestionable integrity and personal ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with the ability to think strategically.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.