Scientist, Protein Biochemistry and Assay Development
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by transformative core technologies. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are recruiting an experienced, creative, and motivated laboratory Scientist to join our growing Protein Biochemistry and Assay Development group in Translational sciences. The ideal candidate will bring his/her experiences of protein assay design, development, qualification, sample testing, data analysis, and documentation, and become part of a team supporting the nonclinical development of gene therapy products for neurological indications.
Workplace Model: Hybrid
- Responsible for design, qualification, and execution of protein-based analytical methods to characterize therapeutic protein biodistribution from AAV vector treatments in preclinical models
- Work independently to develop biochemical assays and optimize protein extraction procedures from a variety of tissues in mice and primates
- Quantify target protein expression using orthogonal sensitive protein measurement methods including ELISA, MSD-based immunoassays, Western blots and LICOR quantitation, Quanterix and similar sensitive platforms.
- Analyze, graph, and perform appropriate statistical tests using GraphPad Prism or similar software programs. Clearly interpret emerging data from rigorous methodological tools to aid in hypothesis testing
- Perform study sample analysis and maintain complete and accurate records following record management best practices, Coordinate sample tracking, deposition, and retrieval in coordination with biorepository teams.
- Author and review standard operating protocols (SOPs) and technical study reports
- Coordinate parallel tasks across multiple projects and plan, prioritize, and manage duties to meet departmental and organizational goals
- Succinctly and clearly present findings at cross-functional and interdisciplinary team meetings
- Ph.D. in biochemistry or related scientific discipline, 1-3 years of relevant protein biochemistry and assay development industry experience
- Strong working knowledge and technical proficiency in protein biochemistry and assay development methods. Experience and track record of development of protein detection assays using MSD and Quanterix platforms, SDS-PAGE and Western blotting (on standard laboratory apparatus and Protein Simple platforms) together with protein quantification with LICOR technology
- Familiarity with concepts of method development and experience generating robust protein assays for sensitive target protein detection in complex biological matrix. Track record of trouble shooting methods to generate reliable and reproducible assays
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills to work effectively in a fast-paced matrixed environment; Ability to multitask and generate efficient workflows
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and scientific writing skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyze, graph and perform statistical analysis using Excel and GraphPad Prism
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.