Development Program Manager
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated and versatile individual to join our team as a Program Manager (level to be determined based on experience). In this role, you will play a pivotal part in our Development Core Team, facilitating effective communication, driving project deliverables, and contributing to various cross-functional projects in areas such as CMC, Regulatory, Clinical, Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, and Non-Clinical. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics, and to participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology.
The successful candidate will work closely with both internal groups and select external organizations. This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with a strong program management and technical background who can assimilate new information quickly. This individual will report to the VP of Medical Affairs and will help identify and implement tools and processes to facilitate successful delivery of Encoded’s research and development programs.
Workplace Model: Hybrid
- Facilitate development and implementation of program strategies, ensuring alignment with the company’s goals, timelines, and budgetary constraints.
- Organize Development Core Team activities that facilitate cross-functional collaboration, foster effective communication and strategic discussions, and ensure all stakeholders are aligned on program objectives and milestones to aid decision-making.
- Ensure cross-functional collaboration by organizing Development Core Team activities, fostering effective communication, strategic discussions, and ensuring all stakeholders are aligned on program objectives and milestones to aid decision-making processes.
- Support cross-functional teams in planning, development and maintenance of timelines, and execution on development of AAV gene therapy programs. Partner with specific functions to manage operational aspects of plan implementation and execution.
- Understand product development under GCP, SOPs, and Regulatory requirements, as well as Commercialization considerations.
- Partner with Core Team Sponsor to ensure cross-functional teams are properly prepared for internal meetings, communications to management and engagement with external partners.
- Program Management:
- Facilitate program planning, including development of integrated project plans, timelines, and assisting functional leads with resource allocation to achieve program goals.
- Drive deliverables resulting from Core Team meetings, ensuring timelines are met and objectives are achieved.
- Partner with functional leads to coordinate cross-functional projects related to CMC, Regulatory, Clinical, Medical, Patient Advocacy and Non-Clinical, providing support and guidance to achieve project goals.
- Facilitate internal communication to identify risks and mitigations.
- Assist functional leads with implementing risk management strategies, proactively identifying and mitigating program risks and challenges.
- Communication and Reporting:
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels within Development Core Teams, the Medical Office, and across functions.
- Monitor and report program progress, providing regular updates to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and other stakeholders, highlighting key achievements, challenges, and mitigation plans.
- Utilize formal communication protocols and tools including dashboards, reports, weekly/monthly updates, and any other specific information as needed for internal use to help achieve company and operational goals.
- Ad Hoc Projects:
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to contribute to ad hoc functional projects across various departments.
- Collaborate with team members to address challenges and find innovative solutions for ad-hoc projects, as needed.
- Support Medical Office preparation for quarterly business review (QBR) and board of director (BoD) meetings.
- Advanced degree in life sciences, pharmacology, or a related field; an MBA or project management certification is a plus.
- Experience (2+ years) in program management within the biopharmaceutical industry, with a focus on gene therapy, AAV vectors, or rare diseases.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and managing cross-functional teams in the development and execution of complex development programs, preferably in the field of gene therapy.
- Strong understanding of drug development processes, including preclinical, clinical, regulatory, and commercial requirements.
- Up to 20% Travel may be required.
Skills and Attributes:
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize and make informed decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues.
- Willingness to learn and collaborate in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient utilizing MS Office Suite, SmartSheet, and/or other Project Management tools and software.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in California is $158,000 – $194,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type, and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Encoded Therapeutics is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
A hired applicant may be eligible for an annual bonus as well as equity under the company’s stock plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time, and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Employees (and their families) may obtain medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance benefits through the company and enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees will also accrue vacation time off and paid sick time off and may become eligible for paid parental leave. Employees will also enjoy designated paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.