Bioinformatics Data Scientist
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Bioinformatics Data Scientist to join our computational biology team and assist with our technology development efforts. Through our transformative core technologies, we are generating large amounts of unique and proprietary screening data. This is an exciting opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics, and to participate in the research and development (R&D) of our diverse therapeutic pipeline. An ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and interest in regulatory biology and using machine learning to make ground-breaking discoveries.
Workplace Model: Hybrid
- Develop computational methods for integrative analysis and visualization of datasets generated with our in-house screening technologies
- Build predictive models for identifying, evaluating, and improving the performance of candidate therapeutics
- Work closely with other members of the Computational Biology Team to assist with the development of new analysis pipelines
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Pre-Clinical and Translational Research, to support and achieve departmental/company goals
- Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, machine learning, or a related field with 1 or more years of industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, machine learning, or a related field with 3 or more years of industry experience
- Strong programming skills and knowledge of statistical tools/data analysis (R, Python)
- Experience working with various types of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data (genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics)
- Experience applying of statistical analysis, modeling, and machine learning techniques o real-world biological problems
- Understanding of regulatory genome biology
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal/communication skills
- Excels in an exciting, fast-paced, and team-oriented research environment
- Exposure to single cell sequencing is a plus
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.