Associate Director Biorepository
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are recruiting an Associate Director Biorepository to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology. The biorepository specialist position will organize our current archive so that as Encoded develops a repository road map and captures all the key metadata, an appropriate system is established. The biorepository specialist position will coordinate the sample requests, shipment, receiving and import of the manifest details.
- Responsible for all aspects of biorepository operations, management of biorepository staff, communications and reporting to stakeholders as defined.
- Champion and instruct proper handling of samples to support GLP and non-GLP studies
- Collaborate across Encoded to capture required metadata for future repository system
- Draft, Execute and Continually improve sample SOPʼs , workflows and identify opportunities for improvement and expansion of biorepository support for the organization.
- Inventory existing archive of slides and samples
- Manage Shipping and Receiving of samples
- Manage sample request and fulfillment
- Create and maintain the sample request tracker
- Knowledge of aseptic specimen processing and handling techniques
- Experience in handling hazardous specimens, safe lab practice, handling bloodborne pathogens
- DOT and IATA certified
- 7-10 years of industry experience required
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize schedule and projects
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Computer experience working with multiple databases
- Must be proactive, responsible, flexible, highly motivated, and a team player
- Bachelorʼs degree in science preferred
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.