Accounts Payable Manager
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
The Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day activities of the accounts payable department, oversee accurate and timely processing of invoices, assist in Purchase Order Managements, communicate with suppliers and internal business partners about questions and resolve issues.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution to the team.
- Manage day to day operations of Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for overseeing Analysts’ timely and complete processing of all AP transactions and ensuring accurate coding to General Ledger.
- Support training and development of staff and help in setting operational goals.
- Maintain effective relationships with business partners/vendors through timely and accurate payment and response to inquiries.
- Conduct training for suppliers and troubleshoot access or usage issues.
- Help develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures.
- Responsible for supporting accurate and timely completion of AP and Purchasing month-end closing process.
- Prepare, review and analyze select journal entries and AP accruals where required.
- Coordinate with the broader team to ensure efficient and accurate purchase order processing and timely resolution of discrepancies.
- Oversee the Corporate Card program including Expense T&E program and Purchasing card program.
- Approve and verify monthly JE’s for Corporate Credit Cards.
- Supervise maintenance and filing of AP records in accordance with company guidelines
- Identify and escalate priority issues timely to management.
- Assist with audit schedules for external auditors as needed.
- Execute/supervise preparation of annual 1099 and other AP compliance reporting requirements.
- Responsible for ad-hoc reporting, and training.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of experience with at least 2 years as an Accounts Payable leader.
- 4 year degree in Accounting or related degree.
- Small to mid-sized company experience – public or private.
- Sarbanes Oxley & associated controls monitoring and testing experience preferred.
- Must have been responsible for the management and development of an AP team of 2 or more.
- Experience working in ERP systems and experience in ERP implementations is a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Coupa is a plus.
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel skills.
- Proven track record in making improvements in all areas of AP practices and policies.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must manage multiple priorities well and handle projects with short deadlines with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment – coordinating and collaborating to support the team and create shared solutions.
- Must be able to take full ownership of assignments and responsibilities.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.